BUFFALO, N.Y. — Marking a century of impact on individuals, businesses and communities around the world, the University at Buffalo School of Management will host its Centennial Celebration event Nov. 3 in the Center for the Arts on UB’s North Campus.
During the event, nine of the school’s most distinguished alumni will accept Centennial Achievement and Impact Awards, a once-in-a-lifetime honor. Event remarks will be added to a time capsule to be sealed and opened on the school’s 200th anniversary in 2123.
- Centennial Achievement and Impact honorees:
- George Chamoun, BA ’97, CEO, ACV
- Donna L. DeCarolis, BS ’81, MBA ’83, president, National Fuel Gas Distribution Corp.
- Richard M. Ferranti, EMBA ’97, CEO, Rich Products Corp.
- Jeff Jacobson, BS ’81, former CEO, Xerox; current executive chairman, EFI and Fiery LLC, and executive partner, Siris Capital Group
- Ridzki Kramadibrata, MBA ’99, commissioner, Grab Indonesia
- Margaret Hempling McGlynn, MBA ’83, former president, Merck, Human Health Division; current president and founder, Hempling Foundation
- Tunney S. Murchie, BS ’75, MBA ’76, owner, Lackawanna Products Corp.
- Bob Swan, BS ’83, former CEO, Intel; current partner, Andreessen Horowitz
- Judy Vredenburgh, MBA ’75, former president and CEO, Girls Inc.
- Ananth Iyer, dean, UB School of Management
- School of Management alumni, faculty, staff and students
What: An event to honor distinguished alumni while celebrating the school’s 100 years of continued commitment to building leaders and changing lives.
Why: “For a century, University at Buffalo School of Management graduates have shaped the future of business as leaders, innovators and catalysts of change,” says Ananth Iyer, dean of the UB School of Management. “As we stand at this centennial crossroads, this event provides an opportunity to reflect on the past, celebrate the present and look ahead to the future while honoring these notable alumni.”
When: Registration begins at 11:30 a.m.; the awards ceremony will begin at noon, followed by a luncheon at approximately 1 p.m.
Where: Center for the Arts, University at Buffalo North Campus
- Centennial Achievement and Impact Awards ceremony: Select honorees will be available for comments following the luncheon.
- Time capsule: Throughout the event, the dean and honorees will add their remarks to a time capsule, to be opened on the school’s 200th anniversary in 2123.
- Illumination of the Peace Bridge: The Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority will illuminate the Peace Bridge in UB blue from dusk on Nov. 3 until 1 a.m. on Nov. 4.
Now in its 100th year, the UB School of Management is recognized for its emphasis on real-world learning, community and impact, and the global perspective of its faculty, students and alumni. The school also has been ranked by Bloomberg Businessweek, Forbes and U.S. News & World Report for the quality of its programs and the return on investment it provides its graduates. For more information about the UB School of Management, visit management.buffalo.edu.